Train to run 5K with just your Apple Watch
Watch to 5K is an Apple Watch app that helps people gradually work up towards running 5K in just nine weeks by following the Couch to 5K program (C25K). The app works independently on the Watch, allowing users to leave their phone at home (or in their locker) while they run.
Made for Apple Watch
- Runs independently without the need for your iPhone.
- Watch face complications are included allowing you to monitor your progress and quickly launch the app.
iPhone companion App
- An iPhone companion app is included to allow you to track your progress.
- View a breakdown of your previous runs, including health data and run route.
- Achievements are awarded as you progress through the plan to celebrate milestones such as running continuously for 5 minutes or running for a certain distance.
Integrates with Apple Health
- Sessions are stored in Apple Health and count towards your activity goals.
- WatchTo5K tracks your route, distance, calories, average speed and heart rate so you can easily track your progress.
Listen to music while you run
- Works alongside your preferred music player or podcast watch app, automatically ‘dipping’ the volumes so you can hear the instructions and updates on your progress.
- Signals the halfway point, so you know when to head home!
- Easy to follow countdown timer that uses sounds and haptics, so you know how long you’ve got left of each run.
Who is this app for?
The Watch to 5K running plan is for absolute beginners. It involves three runs a week, with a day of rest in between and a different schedule for each of the nine weeks. By the end of the program, users will be able to run 5km in around 30 minutes.
Origin of the app
“During lockdown, I decided to take up running to get outside and get healthier. So I began looking for a simple Couch to 5K app that ran independently on the Apple Watch without the need to lug the iPhone with me for the run.
I soon discovered that most apps wouldn’t work without an active connection to your phone and often required expensive subscriptions. So I decided to build a Couch to 5K app from the ground up for the Apple Watch. After a few months of hard graft, I completed my first 5K and launched my first Independent Watch App, Watch To 5K.” - Ben Callis (App Creator)
WatchTo5K has been optimized to be as accessible as possible, with full support for Dynamic Text and VoiceOver.
WatchTo5K is a one time purchase with no ongoing subscription or in-app purchases. The app costs £3.49 in the UK.
Continue to images or videos