Sept. 15, 2022
Weathergraph adds a wide range of iOS 16 lockscreen widgets
Weathergraph, an indie visual weather app beloved by outdoor explorers, adds lock screen widgets to stay in touch with the weather situation outside.
The new lock screen widgets include a graphical chart of upcoming weather, a text summary of upcoming weather, a precipitation widget showing the next upcoming rain, and many small widgets for individual forecast metrics.
2×1 Large rectangular widgets
- The signature graphical hour-by-hour weather forecast, with a configurable style (icons or chart) and zoom level
- Text summary, with an icon of current conditions, temperature, location name, and a short summary of current and next weather conditions
1×1 Small square widgets
- Weather icon - a plain icon of current weather conditions
- Conditions and temperature - current temperature, gauge
- Temperature and daily high & low
- Wind direction and speed - an arrow depicting wind direction and wind gusts, together with a numerical wind speed is a dream come true for kiters and surfers
- Precipitation - actual precipitation rate
- Dew point - actual dew point and daily minimum and maximum help understand the comfort level of weather
- Humidity - actual dew point and daily minimum and maximum
- UV index - watch for sunburns
Inline widgets for a header row next to a date
- Conditions expressed as icon and text
- Wind direction and speed
- Precipitation shows current rain probability and amount when raining or snowing, or a time of next upcoming rain (if there is one on a 16-hour horizon)
- UV index
The app with the lock screen widgets update is available at https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-store/id1501958576.