Compatibility update for iOS 17 with StandBy mode widgets support.
Detail pages for games now show OpenCritic summary allowing you to quickly evaluate a game. SwitchBuddy+ subscribers can also see all the available reviews for a game.
This integration is quite costly so that is why part of it is included in SwitchBuddy+.
New sorts for Deals
You can now sort deals by lowest and highest prices in addition to existing sorts.
Get notified about game releses, sales on your wishlished games and more!
Lock Screen widgets
Up Next & Release Countdown widgets now also have Lock Screen variants.
eShop Region settings
eShop-related features now work for everyone! You can also select the source country for deals and pricing info. It is unfortunately not possible to support every country.
SwitchBuddy now lists all the games that are free in the eShop. (you can find it on the Games screen).
Countdown widgets themes
With new theming options you can change the background of countdown & bookmark widgets.
You can quickly start new transfer with brand-new widgets or icon shortcut (long-press on the app icon on your home screen).
Release dates of upcoming favorite games are automatically updated in the background
New icon! Hope you like it (or at least don't mind)
Better loading of the Gallery
Improved game detail design
Fixed problematic navigation colors with some themes
Better prices logic reload for wishlist
- Added two new themes inspired by the announced pastel Joy-Cons
Wishlist! + better Favorites
Your Favorites are now better organized to show upcoming games more clearly.
You can also add games to your "Wishlist" to be able to easily see prices and possible sales (either when favoriting new game or for current favorites - just tap the "heart" icon)
Favorites on the "Games" tab will also show you current sales for wishlisted games
Browse by Genres
Want to see recent RPGs? You can now browse all available games by genres.
Game Bookmark Widget
Just a small widget to add "bookmark" of any favorite games to your Home Screen
App should now work better on iPads
Fixed some games not showing in Favorites
Fixed small Up Next widget not opening the game detail
Fixed widgets not refreshing after removing game from favorites
Deals: Save money with newly added "Deals" section. Supported in North America & Europe. Deals can be sorted by newest / ending soon / biggest sale.
Longer summaries on game detail are truncated
Smaller "Up Next" widget variant
Improved "Up Next": Games coming out soon show remaining days and not release date
Prices and eShop links: SwitchBuddy now shows game prices (including sales) and eShop links in North America and Europe.
Added channel thumbnails for videos
New SwitchBuddy+ icon inspired by the legendary GameBoy
App should correctly handle games without release date (for example when opening from shared link)
Smaller tweaks and fixes
Three new themes for SwitchBuddy+ inspired by limited edition consoles and one "cube" console :-)
Favorites on the Games tab are now sorted by date added which (hopefully) makes more sense
Various smaller bug fixes
Search games: With new search, you should be able to find all the available Switch games
Organize your Gallery: You can now name groups in gallery and quickly jump between them with "Jump menu".
Discover awesome games with new "Game collections" in the Games tab
Improved games grid design
Some smaller color tweaks and similar
Easily share your Friend Code with friends. You can save your code in SwitchBuddy and then easily show QR code to your friends to scan
Calendar widget for SwitchBuddy+. See all your favorited games in a current month on a single widget
Better loading of Games section - the rows should no longer jump around
Small tweaks and fixes here and there
Added free trial for SwitchBuddy+: Great to try all the themes and widgets
- Option to select default calendar for games: Long press on the calendar icon to select calendar to use for future events
- Spotlight integration: You can search your device to find favorited games and quickly open them
- Twitch links are now opened in Twitch app (if installed)
- More links on the game details + compact design
- Available news about game are displayed on game detail
- Added basic performance monitoring to help me catch slow parts of the app
This was hotfix update shortly after 3.1.0 to fix possible issues with countdown widgets.
Better Games section!
- You can now access Favorite games faster.
- Featured section to not miss big games
- "New Releases" section listing recently released games
- Quick access to Widget guide and Games FAQ
Shared with You (iOS 16)
Added support for Shared with You. When friends send you link via Messages, these links will be available in the app. Look for "Shared with You" card in the Games section.
You may need to enabled this feature in Settings -> Messages -> Shared with You -> toggle SwitchBuddy
Up Next widget for SwitchBuddy+
New widget type that shows up to 4 of your upcoming favorite games. Available for SwitchBuddy+ supporters.
- Contrast fixes for some themes
- Other smaller fixes here and there
This is super small fix for widgets sometimes not working properly for games that are just released.
- Added link to "Games FAQ" that answers common questions about games in SwitchBuddy
- Widgets are now available on iOS 14 (previously iOS 15+ was required)
- Improved error logging to help me fix issues faster
- Long press on website links or videos in game detail to quickly copy link
- Viewed game details are now also saved locally - so if later you are not connected to the Internet, you should still be able to view these games
- Contrast fixes for themes.
- Added Widget guide (in More)
- You can now more easily copy link to games (without opening the share sheet) long press on the game in list or on the share button in game detail to reveal "Copy link" action
- Re-ordered videos in game detail to show the most recent first
- Other smaller improvements
- Improved game detail - share button is easy to find, add to calendar is closer to release date
- Added ability to share games from the list (long press)
- Added one-time unlock for SwitchBuddy+ by popular demand. If you don't like subscriptions, this is for you.
- Fixed contrast issues on game detail with certain themes
- Fixed incorrectly grouped released games in Favorites
- (Hopefully) fixed issue where games list isn't probably refreshed And already preparing the next big-ish update :-)
- Added ability to share individual game screenshots
- Improved adding to calendar: You can now edit existing events instead of creating new ones when tapping the button again
- You can now favorite/unfavorite games from the list (with long press)
- Screenshots and videos are now exported with the original date they were first captured (this changes the "created" date, "modified" will be date of export)
Welcome to SwitchBuddy version 3!
The most significant update yet. The main new feature is the ability to track new game releases via the brand-new Games tab. Don't miss any important games!
You can view screenshots and videos and add the release date to the calendar or favorite games to make them available for countdown widgets. These Home Screen widgets support the small and medium sizes.
I have also improved the Gallery section - it supports landscape, and you can select the thumbnail size.
Also launching SwitchBuddy+: 100% optional subscription that unlocks extra goodies and removes the limit on the number of favorite games.